Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Film Bucket List

I just posted this at the DVD Profiler Forums... I guess I'll share it here for the 2 of you that visit... comment with your if you like.

As in the 2007 movie, I have a bucket list, a film bucket list. This is my top 10 films I would like to see before I die:
1) The Day The Clown Cried (1972) - I would pay any $ to see this film. I really really really want to just watch it, not own it, just watch it... Mr. Jerry Lewis if you see this, Please, I promise I wont tell anyone
2) Back To The Future (1985) - The Eric Stoltz footage... the rumor is there is 30+ minutes of produced footage and nearly the whole movie of rough footage. Just let me see.
3) The Man Who Killed Don Quixote (2000ish) - I know Terry Gilliam did not finish this but I wanna know; Was it funny like Holy Grail, trippy like Time Bandits, dark like 12 Monkeys, or just ok like Brothers Grim...
4) Fear and Desire (1953) - We all know the story that Kubrick tried to have all prints destroyed. We know that Kodak owns the master. We know there are crappy bootlegs... but come on... I love Kubrick's work and he has been dead long enough... someone at Kodak needs to work with WB and give us a DVD copy.
5) Disney's Song of the South (1946) - I have seen it... the bootleg version on all torrent sites but a DVD release would be nice.
6) Rad (1986) - I own an original VHS, I have a copy on my ipod (about as good as the VHS) but I really want a DVD with commentary, reunion, Where are they now... and maybe modern day BMXers interviews on how it influenced them.
7) Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park (1978) - It is best said on Wikipedia: "Previously, availability was limited to two brief VHS releases in the 1980s and a laserdisc release in 1991. In 2005, Cheezy Flicks attempted to release the film on DVD, but due to legal issues, the disc was quickly pulled." I have a VHS scan...
8) Inchon (1982) - Said to be the worst movie ever... SO why has this never been released on VHS or Laser Disc, or DVD... There are Fan sites... People love the worst of.... Remember the song "Barbi Girl", people paid for that... Let us see Inchon in all its glory.
9) The Legend of Billie Jean (1985) & The Dirt Bike Kid (1985) - I put them together... but lets face it... The 80s gave us GREAT bad cinema... I mentioned I wanted Rad... I have been lucky enough to see the releases of Breakin', The Monster Squad, Eddie and the Cruisers, and soon Howard The Duck... add The Legend of Billie Jean and The Dirt Bike Kid (both released on VHS only) to that list of 80s DVDs!
10) Lastly, a real, high quality release of the carrer of 'Iron' Mike Tyson. Owned mostly by King Productions, it is a gold mind. I would pay $50ish for a 3-5 disk set of the Mike Tyson PPVs. I have 2 VHS tapes of about 8-10 fights... I can watch them anytime.

2 comments:

El Rey said...

Hey man, "Kiss Meets The Phantom of the Park" is on the Kissology DVD Vol.2. It is hilarious, worth the price of the anthology just by itself! So go check it out. And if you want to read some funny stuff, please check out my blog:http://thedoblereffect.blogspot.com.

SillyBarry said...

You have to decide what was better, Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park or Attack of the Phantoms? If you have been lucky enough to see them both, its tough.

Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park (USA/NBC televised version currently unavailable): slightly less running time, more dialog and one-liners, non-kiss bad 70s horror music.

Attack of the Phantoms (European/theatrical version currently available in the Kissology 2 box set): added deleted scenes but Ace Freeley fans claim that most of his lines were cut, but some dialog was cut... better production value and scene cuts, score removed and Kiss songs added (from the solo cds).

I guess my wishlist includes both... but i perfer Phantom of the Park